Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice gives details of the personal information that we collect in the running of our business, and how we keep it secure.
Personal information we collect about you
Information you provide directly to us:
- When we communicate with you (including your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, any other personal information you provide and the content of our communications);
- When you register to use the centre (including your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, emergency contact details);
- When you book a session or make purchases with us (including your name, date of birth, email address, transaction and payment details);
- When you visit us for a climb (including your check-in history, and images and videos of you taken while on the premises (see our Photography & Filming policy below));
- When you subscribe to our email mailing lists (including your name, email and mailing preferences);
- Other information that you choose to provide or send to us during our relationship.
Data we derive through your interactions with us:
- General user information about your computer and your visits to our website (including your IP address, location, browser, operating system, referral source, length of visit and the pages you visit). This information can be facilitated by cookies (see our Cookies policy below); and
- Other information that may be generated when you use our website, interact with us online or visit our centre.
How we will use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for our legitimate business purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice. We will make it clear to you if we intend to use your information for any purpose that is not obvious.
We use your data:
- To administer our events, our website and our business
- To enable your use of our services, including registration and attendance at our events
- To respond to your requests for information
- To send you email or postal mail e.g. gift cards, brochures or information that you have specifically requested
- To send invoices, reports, statements, payment reminders and collect payments from you
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints by or about you
- To understand how you (and others) are using our services and to help us improve and develop our services, including conducting internal analyses
- To keep you safe when using our centre and enable us to provide information to emergency services and emergency contacts in case of accidents
- To keep our events and systems secure and prevent fraud
- To send you other necessary information about our services and our relationship
- To contact you about new Boulder Brighton services, offers, events or news where it is legitimate for us to do so
- To otherwise manage our relationship with you or comply with health and safety or other legal obligations
- As is otherwise necessary for our legitimate business interests
We do not:
- Sell your data to third parties for their own purposes
- Use your data to send you unsolicited marketing communications
When we share your personal information with others
In order to run our business effectively and provide the best possible service to customers, we use various third-party services to administer and store your personal information. These include:
In special cases we may also need to share your information with other third parties, including:
- Professional advisors and insurers: We may have to provide information to our advisors as necessary in running our business
- Regulatory bodies and law enforcement: We may disclose personal information to a third party authority, such as a law enforcement or child protection agency, if legitimately required to do so
- Corporate transactions: If we sell or transfer the whole or part of our business or assets we may transfer personal information to the buyer or transferee, on the basis that it would be used in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
How we store your information and keep it secure
We will take care to ensure that your personal information is secure:
- We follow good practice security protocols across our business to ensure that information is protected
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to our systems
- Where we need to share customer information with third parties to administer our business, we ensure that these third parties are reputable, use up to date security protocols, and have appropriate privacy policies in place.
How long your information will be held
We will endeavour not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the permitted purposes. We regularly review the data we hold and implement programmes to delete unnecessary information from our systems.
We may need to retain certain information for reasonable business or legal purposes (e.g. accounts information, unsubscribe records, information needed to prevent identity theft, legal disputes and misconduct) even if deletion has been requested.
Other important information:
Our cookies do not store personal information such as your name, address or registration data: they simply hold the unique ID that, once you are signed in, is associated with this information.
You can set your browser to reject cookies (see the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to find out how to do this), but please bear in mind that if you do this, certain user-generated features of our websites cannot be provided to you.
Photography and filming
Users of our facilities should be aware that at events, and at other times, we will take photos and video in the centre for use in our social media, website and other marketing purposes. If you would like us to remove an image which features you prominently that you are not happy with, please contact us directly.
We reserve the right to record CCTV footage of activities in the centre for security and safety purposes.
To request more information about the date we hold on you, to request this data to be changed or deleted, or if you have any questions or comments on this notice please email [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that if you delete or restrict information we hold about you, it may prevent you from making full use of our services.
We are Pitch 9 Climbing Ltd trading as Boulder Brighton, company number 07345536 with our registered office at Maria House, 35 Millers Rd, Brighton BN1 5NP.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will regularly review and update this Privacy Notice and will ask for your consent before using your personal information in a way that is significantly different.
This notice applies from May 25, 2018.
Last updated 04/12/2019